UPDATE 6/2017 – This class is open for enrollment!
1. Because I support gender identity and behavior variance, from hither to yon.
2. Because, as I look back on almost sixty years of an unconventional life, I am now particularly in the mood to celebrate (once again) creative manifestations of outlaw femininity – including (but not limited to) sissies, burlesque dancers, and fem dommes.
3. Because I can. As an online sex educator, why not? And I know I can do it well.
4. Because Julia Serrano said, “In a culture in which femaleness and femininity are on the receiving end of a seemingly endless smear campaign, there is no act more brave – especially for someone assigned a male sex at birth – than embracing one’s femme self” (Whipping Girl – A Transsexual Woman on Sexism and the Scapegoating of Femininity. 2007. Berkeley: Seal Press. p. 278).
And I do see the bravery of sissies.
5. Because I have a vision of facilitating “empowered feminization” – for those who want it.
6. Because I am fascinated by people who actually want to do housework.
7. Because I want to unleash my inner “Headmistress.”
8. Because I can enjoy vicarious frills.
9. Because sissies and sissy maids don’t seem to get much respect or attention, and don’t seem to be taken seriously in the broader discussions of gender and gender variance. As a sexologist and educator, I’d like to help change that.
10. Because service is a gift.
11. Because good training is a gift.
12. Because I am fascinated by British afternoon tea and kinky tea protocol and etiquette.
13. Because it’s been fun to create this class, and I am almost certain to enjoy teaching it. I can’t wait to meet my students!
So you see, there are many good reasons for creating this fun, new course!
The online classes are self-guided up until the 8th week (with recorded lectures), then we’ll have live lectures weekly or every other week, depending on student enrollment.