Hypnosis has long been used as an effective, complementary modality to encourage healthy habits and feelings of well-being, confidence and relaxation. Hypnosis has also been used to assist with a variety of medical conditions (in conjunction with medical treatment from a licensed provider).
You can make an appointment with Dr. Marsh if you are someone who:
- experiences too much stress in your life;
- wants to overcome a habit (like smoking or nailbiting);
- would like help in managing your weight:
- suffers from emotional distress due to acute or chronic conditions;
- would like additional help with palliative care (end of life care);
- seeks a more comfortable pregnancy and childbirth;
- wants to boost your self-esteem and confidence;
- wants additional ways to control or manage pain (Dr.’s referral letter needed);
- wants to relax while taking an important exam;
- wants to improve your athletic performance;
- are preparing for surgery, medical, or dental procedures;
- are hampered by stage fright or writer’s block;
- suffers from menopausal hot flashes;
- wants help with grieving;
- wishes to explore personal growth and transformation using hypnosis;
- wants to learn self-hypnosis and other mind-body skills for personal use;
- and more!
The first appointment is always two hours long, to allow time for a comprehensive discussion of what’s troubling you, and to allow time for hypnosis! Depending on your issue(s), you might want to think in terms of four to six sessions, which will include learning self-hypnosis skills so you can continue at home.
If you want to know more about the scientific assessment of hypnosis, you’ll find more information on the Hypnosis Scientific Studies page (from the Intimate Hypnosis Training Center website). Check this page often, as more studies will be added on a regular basis!
Hypnosis at Home (above) offers a range of simple hypnosis and mind-body skills you can use at home, and teach to your family. Even children can learn!
Hot Flash Hypnosis (below) is based on the Baylor University studies of self-hypnosis to manage hot flashes.
Classes are usually 1 or 1.5 hours. Check back soon to see when these classes will be scheduled in Hilo or online. $5-$10 sliding scale donation asked.